We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Zeavola to the main village

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Zeavola to the main village

I can see its easy to get a longtail, but has anyone done the walk down the island ? Im thinking it might be a nice thing to do once in the daytime with my wife (im there for a week) one way, and get a longtail back, but if its a serious hike or at all "vertical" its probably a no-no for her. Experiences ?

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

NB The Zeavola is in the north, by the Holiday Inn and Natural Resort.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

Yes we have done this walk.

From Zeavola to Island Village at Loh Bakao Bay is a pleasant half hour walk.

However.....from I.V. to Tonsai Village is no walk in the park.

Lots of up and down, very rough path, with some parts requiring considerable effort. eg. Pulling yourself up with roughly laid out ropes and grabbing whatever foliage that might help.

Wouldn't call it a serious hike, but it's not easy........nevertheless......good fun, but not to be undertaken lightly.

Berlin, Germany
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

dear leighttravelclub,

I will be staying at Holiday Inn and am interested to hike from Leamtong to tonsai as well.

I was looking up on openstreetmap.org ( they seem to have the most detailed online map of Phi Phi with all the contour lines). I was wondering if one can walk along the east coast from HI to PP Island Village Resort, then cross over to the east coast and walk along the north bay towards Loh Dalum.

Any comments?

Berlin, Germany
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

dear leighttravelclub,

I will be staying at Holiday Inn and am interested to hike from Leamtong to tonsai as well.

I was looking up on openstreetmap.org ( they seem to have the most detailed online map of Phi Phi with all the contour lines). I was wondering if one can walk along the east coast from HI to PP Island Village Resort, then cross over to the east coast and walk along the north bay towards Loh Dalum.

Any comments?

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

Im there now, forget it, its a serious hike. Long tails about 1300 baht or less from the village is the way to get there. The walk might be fun one way but its too hot for me...

Berlin, Germany
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

Hey hi bobgb,

May I know how long did it take you to hike? Like 2 hours?

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

Ernest,

you will not find any map for this walk.

From Laem Tong to Island village is very straightforward.....just follow the path.

From Island Village to Tonsai is the tricky bit. There are little signs to direct you like the one on this link

http://leightravel.smugmug.com/Travel/Phi-Phi-2008/4544663_krgxWB#!i=267754159&k=WCADZ

There are also other photos of the walk on this link.

Lynda and I are in our early sixties and not particularly fit. The walk took us around 2.5 hours, I think.

About half way through the walk you are able to change the route that you want to follow into the village.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

This link may work better.

http://tinyurl.com/crt7h3a

Berlin, Germany
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

Hey Hi Leightravelclub,

Thanks alot for the link. Its great!

I think the hike will be a fun one for us....

ernest.

10. Re: Walking from Zeavola to the main village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 12, 2013