We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tyabb, Victoria...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Hi I'm looking for a nice place to stay for hubby and I, away from the backpacker crowd but close enough for shopping, tours and a little nightlife.

Budget is 7000 - 9000 baht per night for travel in March 2013.

Thanks in advance

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Hi,

Long Beach, south of Ao Ton Sai may be a good bet. During daylight hours it is possible to walk between the two.

Tyabb, Victoria...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Specific names of places would be good AjarnAndy, if possible

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Have a look at Mama beach at the far end of Ao Ton Sai

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Hi Deanne,

You could check out the Phi Phi Beach Resort, we had a look at it a couple of years ago but didn't stay there.

If you wish to stay closer to Ao Ton Sai you could turn left when you disembark from the boat and walk toward the cliffs passing the clinic. There are a number of cheap guest house type operations close to the beach. From that area you are a 10 to 15 minute walk to the main village.

Scotland
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Depends what you're looking for, but I would recommed Phi Phi Palm Tree - stayed there 3 times now and it's fab. Excellent location if you want to be in Tonsai (v central) but without being noisy, and not really backpacker-y. Good breakfast too.

Can't remember offhand how much it cost but would defo be easily within that budget.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
546 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Lulu I've been researching Phi phi and just can't figure out the set up. Is everything focused around one place where the thin band of land joins the two bigger ends of the island, with bigger resorts dotted further north ? I just can't get my head round it. I assumed Tonsai was where the ferry's arrive but this post says it's 15 mins walk!! Can u advise?

Ill defi check out the hotel u recommend.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

Hi there,

Ao Ton Sai is where the ferry boats arrive from Phuket and Krabi. And, most of the action on the island takes place there. Consequently, it can get very busy. However, there are other, more tranquil places on the north of the island.

Good luck with the planning.

8. Re: Decent place to stay near Ton Sai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, August 21, 2013