We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days between Phuket - Kophiphi - Krabi

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
8 days between Phuket - Kophiphi - Krabi

Hi

My partner and I are due to arrive in Phuket on 20 July and depart from Krabi on 28 July and I was wondering if anyone could recommend areas of Phuket/Kophiphi/Krabi to stay please? I was going to spend 3 night in Phuket and Krabi and 2 in Kophiphi. Also if you've any suggestions about things a couple of first time visitors must do they'll be greatfully received.

Thanks

Andrew

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days between Phuket - Kophiphi - Krabi

Patong is the main tourist area of Phuket and is very popular, less busy areas are Kata and Karon, as you are heading to quieter areas I would stay in Patong.

Tonsai Bay is the main area of Phi Phi but if you want relaxation and quiet head to Long Beach or Laem Tong.

Ao Nang is the main tourist area of Krabi, its somehwere in between the size / business of Patong & Tonsai.

Holiday Inn resorts in both Phuket and Phi Phi are wonderful.

Make sure you take a day trip out to Phang Nga Bay, stunning.

Hire a driver for a day to explore all of Phuket, visit Wat Chalong temple, Big Bhudda etc.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days between Phuket - Kophiphi - Krabi

Please take into account that during the current season swimming in the sea on the Westcoast of Phuket is very dangerous due to the treacherous rip currents. People ignore the red warning flags and still go into the sea. Unfortunately every year there are many drownings. Hardly a week passes without any drowning incident.

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days between Phuket - Kophiphi - Krabi

Thanks a lot for your advice.

4. Re: 8 days between Phuket - Kophiphi - Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, June 20, 2013