We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach quality at phi phi island resort

Manchester U.K
Level Contributor
350 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
beach quality at phi phi island resort

Just read a review that said the sea and beach at the Phi Phi Island village was 'mucky' can anyone advise please. I thought it was white sand, blue sea and all that. I've already booked for April, help!

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
490 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: beach quality at phi phi island resort

I was only at this resort for an hour or so.

The sand on the beach iteself was OK, so only tproblem is the sea at low tide was crappy.

No one told you that the pool is awesome and the resort itself has a nice look and feel. You make the best of what you get. If you have already booked do not dwell on the negative stuff here.

Bored with that pool - no way.

The boat trip to get there is nice too, lots of beautiful sights along the way

We walked there from the north tip of the island where we were staying.

There was around 4 resorts up there so you could take your pick for eating.

We stayedat Erawan Palms - the beach was absolutley beautiful, however the neighbouring Sea Gypsies filthy and polluting.

You take the good with the bad.

enjoy your hols on Phi Phi - it is special.

Brett

galilee
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: beach quality at phi phi island resort

Just returned from Koh Phi Phi - the beach is as beautiful as a beach can be . Stayed at the very fine Phi Phi Island Cabana Hotel recently reopened after massive post Tsunami reconstruction work . What must have mislead the report regarding beach conditions is that during full moon period ,ebb causes water to recede in Loh Dalam Bay for a few hours in the early afternoon hours - an incredible sight . This does not affect Tonsai Bay where water is deeper .Don't hesitate to go there . Go and enjoy it.

If you go ,don't miss Daniella's " Piazetta" -Italian excellent pizza and pasta near Paddy Divers .

Merimbula NSW...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: beach quality at phi phi island resort

check out my photos and report on Phi Phi Island Village Resort

Heather

14. Re: beach quality at phi phi island resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 30, 2009