We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
443 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

We are staying at Holiday inn and the ferry times are limited from Laemtong pier back to Phuket so we will probably get the ferry from Tonsay instead, any ideas how far it is? I tried google maps but seems to have problems trying to identify these locations

Thanks

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,644 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

I have a map in front of me which doesn't appear to be particularly accurate. However, at a guess I'd say about 12 kms by longtail boat. Hopefully, others can add here and to your previous question.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

Time by longtail between the two is 25 mins. As for distance, I would guess no more than 3 miles, if that.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
443 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

great thanks for the info!

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

hi

we are also staying at hi.and coming from ko lanta,what is the rough costing of the long tail from tonsai to hi.and are they easy to get to and from tonsai to hi or do you need to book in advance,,thanks

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

Cost of longtail from Tonsai to Laem Tong will be anywhere between 800 and 1400, depending on your bargaining skills, and of course your willingness to bargain just as you arrive. Standard cost of return between the two is 1400.

Personally, I would just contact H.I. and do it through them. I prefer to do without any hassle on arrival, just want to get where I'm going, and after that......then you can join in the boring routine of bid and counter bid etc. etc. etc.

Longtails are very easy to get, anywhere on Phi Phi Don. No NEED to book, just may be more convenient and smooth on arrival.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

The ferry will pick you up and drop you off at the Holiday Inn, no need for a long tail.

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

hi thanks.getting confused now,so ferry from ko lanta will go to the holiday inn without us getting off and changing in tonsai?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

sorry, answered wrong question, have a look here:

http://www.phiphi.phuket.com/schedule.htm

Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

No need for confusion !

The Lanta ferry will not take you to Laem Tong Bay. (H.I.) You must get a longtail from the main ferry dock at Tonsai Bay up to the north east of the island. The ONLY ferry that goes to Laem Tong is the Andaman Wavemaster service which runs between Phuket and Phi Phi. ALL other ferrys to Phi Phi require you to make a longtail trip to get to Laem Tong.

I think my reply at No.5 explains the only two realistic options you have.

i.e. Find your own longtail when you get off the ferry at Tonsai Village and do your own negotiations. Or pay a little bit more........contact H.I. and ask them to arrange it for you, and then when you get off the ferry, someone from H.I. will be waiting with a sign with your name on it. He will carry your luggage for you to the longtail which he will have waiting for you and off you go. The cost will be added to your bill when you check out from the resort.

Very easy and totally hassle free.

10. Re: How far from Phi Phi-Tonsay Pier to Phi Phi-Laemtong Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 17, 2013