We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation on arrival

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation on arrival

Hiya

I am heading to Phuket next week and then moving onto Phi Phi and Krabi for a few nights each place. I have not prebooked accommodation but going by some of these posts I'm a little worried about turning up on Phi Phi with no accommodation as I am on a budget.

Anyone ben recently and would you reccommend I prebook on the net?

Also, would Krabi be ok to turn up with no hotel booked?

Thanks

L

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation on arrival

Hi Lorrie

We just got back from Phi Phi. We had pre-booked on the web, as we were told that there may be no accommodation left. I wish we hadn't bothered. Our accom at the Bayview resort was awful (luckily we managed to get a free upgrade). There are loads of places to stay. When you get off the ferry, there are loads of people asking you if you need accommodation. At least that way you can check out the room yourself and if you don't like it, look somewhere else. There were bungalows from 600 baht at night ( I think they were fan rooms) Take loads of suncream (it was 40 degrees) and mozzie spray and have a great trip!

USA
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation on arrival

Remember to put the sunlotion on first and the insect repellant over it.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation on arrival

Brilliant. I fly out tomorrow, can't wait. Thanks for the advice..L x

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation on arrival

Hello Lorrie1503

I've jut returned home from Thailand, where I travelled for 2 months. As for your concerns, don't worry. We never pre-booked and we always found a place to stay. Especially now because it is the beginning of low-season. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding the accomodations you want. Krabi will be even easier to find a place!

Good Luck and have fun!

Brittany, Canada

Mentioned in this post