We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I can't find those bloody beach monkeys!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I can't find those bloody beach monkeys!!

I've seen loads and loads of pictures of people feeding monkeys on a beach and I'm guessing it's somewhere around Ko Phi Phi but I'm not sure. Does anyone know where they are?

Hello? MONKEYS?!

Thanks! :)

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I can't find those bloody beach monkeys!!

You'll find them at the southern end of Aonang Beach at Krabi, 2.5 hrs ferry from Phi Phi.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
liverpool
Level Contributor
79 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I can't find those bloody beach monkeys!!

When your staying in phi phi there are day trips that take you out for the day in a boat to see Maya Bay, Bamboo island etc. After being on the boat about 5 mins, if you look right you will see a patch of beach they call monkey bay and thats were they are. There is usually lots of tourists and boats hanging about there so you cant miss it. If you go, opt for the long tail boats as the noise from the speed boats scared the monkeys away at times. We only staryed there a minute as there were so many tourists and when they were up high in the trees/little caves, people were throwing bottles and food up to get their attention which we didnt like.

It is great to see them tho, one man was drinking a bottle of pepsi and the monkey come up, took it and started drinking it.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Bay
Maya Bay
8,322 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Bamboo Island
Bamboo Island
2,964 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Watanobbi, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I can't find those bloody beach monkeys!!

Hi,

We were at Phi Phi last week & did 2 boat trips.

We hired a long tail boat during the day to Maya Bay & did a speedboat sunset trip & both stopped at Monkey Beach.

There were quite a few people there but it wasn't too bad.

The monkeys came down on the beach as well as in the trees & we got to feed them & get some great photos.

There was one monkey there with a baby hanging on underneath her.

We didn't have any problems but have heard that sometimes they can steal & be a bit nasty so just beware of that.

Jacqui

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Maya Bay
Maya Bay
8,322 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
liverpool
Level Contributor
79 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I can't find those bloody beach monkeys!!

Yea thats right, they can get a bit mad. One girl ran over to her hubby who was taking pics of a baby monkey and the mummy monkey came out of nowhere and went hysterical jumping up in front of her, I mean she must have thought her baby was in danger but it was very scary at the same time. The monkeys do pinch peoples stuff so dont put your bags or camera down on the beach or you will never see it again.

5. Re: I can't find those bloody beach monkeys!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 15, 2009