We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi or Koh Lanta?!?!

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Phi Phi or Koh Lanta?!?!

HI Guys

I'm Nikki 29 from the UK and will be going out to Thailand in Dec for a few months to take my divemasters, chill out, catch some sun and generally get away from it all.

I have been reading up on pp and koh lanta, both seem fantastic for diving but what about socially? I dont want 'party party party' but dont want to go somewhere that is totally deserted! just looking for somewhere that has a few bars, is chilled out, friendly and guaranteed lots of laughs.

Also, i dont want to be surrounded by 18 year old gap year students, been there and done it!

Any advice/recommendations greatly welcome!

Many thanks

Nikki

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi or Koh Lanta?!?!

Hi Nikki

Sorry I don't know much about the diving side, but why not do both, they are very close to each other - just a ferry ride away.

Hubbi & I are going out in a couple of weeks travelling to Ao Nang for 3 nights, Phi Phi for 2 nights and Ko Lanta for 5 nights, before heading back to Krabi town for a night.

Although not been to Koh Lanta before, we travelled to Phi Phi nearly 4 years ago (just before the Tsunami) and we thought it was fab - plenty of bars, but chilled out bars on the beaches - I believe now it's more mad, but still quite a chilled out island, and Koh Lanta even more so.

Hope you have a great trip where ever you decide

Sarah

ps. by the way, we aren't 18 - more like nearly 40 !!!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi Phi or Koh Lanta?!?!

Travelling to Thailand for a few months, well you need to venture further than just Phi Phi and Lanta. Both are very nice places but I think after a week you would get bored with Phi Phi.

Ko Lanta is a short 2 hr ferry ride from Phi Phi and has some great beaches and diving spots. After a week or two there head across to Krabi, either via ferry of minivan to open up a whole new area to explore.

If you wish to spend the whole 2 months soaking up the sun and relaxing you could also take in Khao Lak and the Similan islands. Perfect beaches and fantastic diving, and once again only a few hours away from Krabi.

Pics and stories of all but Khao Lak here www.thebobmarsh.com ....were heading there next :)

3. Re: Phi Phi or Koh Lanta?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, October 05, 2009