We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Sydney, AU
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

In July 2008, my partner and I will be flying in to Phuket via Bangkok (from Chiang Rai, earlier that morning) and after already two flights that day, we're hoping to get a speedy transfer over to Phi Phi, where we'll spend 7 nights at Phi Phi Island Village Resort.

To say I've come up against obstacle after obstacle in getting a transfer is an understatement. Our flights were landing too late for the ferry but then after what I've read about the ferries (sinking, late, overcrowded, long duration on the water, sea-sickness/rough), I'm thinking there's a better option for us than this anyway.

So I found on one website (AsiaWebDirect) a SEAPLANE transfer from Patong to Phi for only 2999 baht...perfect! Not so....turns out Destination Air no longer does that route and to take the seaplane from Phuket to Phi Phi instead, we'd be looking at 4999 baht...too expensive.

So we've started thinking of a speedboat transfer but I'm having much more trouble than I would've thought - considering the amount of posts on forums, etc, about speedboats transfers - finding out who does them and for how much is proving incredibly difficult. Some forum posts say 9000 baht, others say 15,000 per boat (charter).

Sooo.....does anyone know the cheapest and most reliable speedboat transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi and how I can contact them? Or.....is it better to try and organise something at the pier once we get there, bearing in mind I've read that many speedboat companies are out on day trips, so might not be available once we get there).

Also, is there any way of connecting with other travellers prior to us arriving in the country to see about "sharing" a speedboat to Phi Phi?

Thanks in advance!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Make sure you can fit as many people as you can for the same rate. I'm under the impression that rate applies to 2 or 3 people. You might want to find out first.

Edited: 5:26 pm, February 18, 2013
Sydney, New South...
1 post
Save Reply
122. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

I'm arriving 29/3/13 13.35 at Phuket Airport. I will probably miss the last ferry so i'm looking to share a speedboat. Or will i make the last ferry?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
118 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Hello! 2 US peeps heading from Phuket to Phi Phi on November 24th and returning back on the 28th. If you are interested in sharing either way, please email dixie_231@yahoo.com

lets save money!

1 post
Save Reply
124. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Hello,

i am planning on catching a private speed boat to Phi Phi from Phuket Pier on Saturday 18/01/2014 at approx 2pm. any one out there who would like to share a speedboat with 2 of us to make the rate cheaper for all.

please advise?

Rostock, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
125. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Hallo,

anyone want to share a speedboat on the 24th of December 2013? we arrive at phuket airport at 3:00 pm

We are 2 persons. Pick up from the airport (possible till 5pm according the service provider) and speedboat for 4 persons to phi phi costs 11400 THB so each person 2850 THB.

Please let me know if you are interested via

bellaissa78@gmail.com

Furthermore: Anyone knowing this company? http://phi-phi.com/ferry/

Are they trustworthy?

Thanks a lot!

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
126. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Hello,

We (a group of 4 adults 2 children and 2 toddlers) are looking at hiring a private speed boat on Friday 14th Feb 2014 from Phiphi to Laem tong beach in Phi Phi (staying at Holiday Inn).

If anyone is interested in sharing it with us i would appreciate if you could get in touch with me at asgothey@hotmail.com

127. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 18, 2015