We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

London
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

Hi,

I know that this is the most common question but i hope you can help me with my transfer from phuket to phi phi.

On the 1st of may i will be flighing from Bangkok to Phuket and should get there at 12.30am.

I need to find a transfer to Phi Phi island village beach resort and i am unsure when is last ferry leaving there from phuket.

to be honest i would prefer to book the speed boat and i was wondering if you could recommend me any webside so i can do it online (by the way do you know how much does it cost for 2 people?)

thanks a lot,

viki

Phi Phi Island
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

Hello ferries from Phuket are at 9am, 1.30pm and 2.30pm.

AS for a speedboat have a look at this site:

www.phuket-travel.com/water_ac/index.htm

I have know people hire speedboats for about 10000b one way.

Hope this helps.

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

Hi,

I was also wondering about transfer to the phi phi islands.

I have done a bit of research and have seen that there is an express boat. Can someone please advise me where i can get this from and roughly how long it'll take.

We are traveling down for one night only from Khao Lak and don't want to spend too much time on the boat if possible.

Many Thanks

Dave

Phi Phi Island
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

Dave, Hello there are ferries in the morning and the afternoon from Phuket to Phi Phi.

8.30am

9am

1.30pm

2.30pm

All ferries take apprx the same 1.45hr. there is no ferry as such but there are day trips that take customers on snorkelling trips first before arriving at Phi Phi in the morning. (i think this is the 8.30 departures).

Hope this helps.

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

Many thanks for your help on this.

When we arrive we are looking to hire a long tail round various places. can you please advise what we should expect to pay for the day?

Cheers

Dave

Phi Phi Island
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

hi there its usually about 400/600b per person, depends on where you go and how long for.

Happy holidays

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

Hi tiger,

I've now booked up the ferry from Phuket and one night at the holiday inn. Only problem is i didn't realise how long it would take to get from Tonsai pier to the hotel located at the north of the island.

Apparently we have to stay on the ferry which won't get us there till gone midday. As we haven't got long to see the islands could you please advise if there is a quicker way to get from Tonsai pier to the holiday inn.

I don't mind paying the extra for a long tail or taxi if it will save us a bit of travelling time.

Many thanks for your help on this.

Dave

phuket
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

the holiday inn is on the north side and will take around 30 mins to get from the pier by long tail. as the previous post explained it will cost you 400 - 600 baht for the trip.

may be you should have stayed with a hotel with a speed boat, they charge 1,200 +/- from phuket.

yours

jon

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

Thanks Jon

Think a long tail will be the best option by the sounds of that. I don't mind paying that if it helps cutting an hour or so off our travel time.

Are they easy to get when you arrive at the pier?

Yeah should have stayed at a hotel with a speed boat did't realise it was an option or that cheap at the time i booked.

Many Thanks

Dave

australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

If you wanted to get from Patong to Phi Phi FAST, you could have booked the seaplane. It's 3000 baht each way (very expensive but we're going to do it in December just to have a look at everything from in the air). Seaplane leaves from the pier at southern end of Patong Beach (outside Merlin). We've been to PhiPhi before and somehow ended up on the slowboat to China - take a speedboat whatever you do.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi

hi

just back and longtails are plentiful.

my wife and i were renting our own with skipper for 20 quid for 4 hours to go where we wanted.

dont miss bamboo island. i would rate it 2nd best of the beaches ive ever visited in my travels (the best being whitehaven beach in the whitsunday islands in oz)

the island is close to the holiday inn and is ideal for swimming and snorkelling.

regards, ian.