We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Phuket to Phi Phi

Wicklow
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfers from Phuket to Phi Phi

Hi,

I am travelling from Phuket to Koh Phi Phi but am a bit at a loss of the best way to ge there. I'm arriving in to Phuket at 1.15pm but I believe the last Ferry transfer ito Koh Phi Phi s at 1.30pm. Can anyone recommend a reliable and cheap private transfer to Phi Phi. Also I'm heading over to Koh Lak after Phi Phi but am also unsure as to the best way to transfer there? Does anyone know if there is a direct way of getting there or would it be best to go to Phuket and transfer from there. Once again if anyone could recommend a good transfer company or have any knowledge of local transfers!!!

Cheers

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from Phuket to Phi Phi

We are going in October and doing your same trip. From my research speed boat transfers are available. I would talk to first where you are staying in phi phi and khao lak. I hear in phuket there are lots of places that offer transport. It's much more then the ferry.. One hotel quoted us 300usd for one way!!

hopefully someone who has been can answer better. Where are you staying>

karen

melbourne
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from Phuket to Phi Phi

Hi there,

I stayed in Phuket and Phi Phi this February. As I remember you are right that last ferry departure at about 1-2pm.So I strongly suggest to stay 1 (or may be even 2) nights in Phuket. Karon Beach is nice and reasonably priced. Also it will be easier for you to organize Ferry

to PhiPhi in a local travel agency in Phuket. They 're reliable ,you can bargain and your price will include transfer from you Hotel to a Wharf.

I paid approxim.$10 return ferry (open ticket)

Good luck:)

Wicklow
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers from Phuket to Phi Phi

HI,

Thanks for the advice but cant really stay in Phuket for a night as we are only going to be in Phi Phi for 4 nights then on to Koh Lak. Will just have to do a bit more research on private transfers!!! Will let you know if anything turns up knsync!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers from Phuket to Phi Phi

It sounds like you may have already booked your accomodation. But if not (or if you can change it) why not go to Khao Lak first then go onto Phi Phi. Khao lak is approx 1 hour by road from Phuket airport. It will take approx 1 1/2 hours to get back from Khao lak to the Phi Phi ferry. Private boat charters tend to be very expensive.

5. Re: Transfers from Phuket to Phi Phi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 03, 2009