We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Hi there,

I saw that both of you have recently been married at the Phi Phi Island Village.

We were originally planning on getting married there, but chose the Holiday Inn on Phi Phi instead. Now, after reading many recent bad reviews about the Holiday Inn, I am reconsidering.

I have a few questions (and if anyone else has been married at either please add your comments as well):

1) What price did you pay for the wedding and what did it include?

2) How much was the reception (including food and drink)?

3) Were you able to negotiate lower prices on anything?

4) Do you have any pictures of your ceremony / reception?

Thank you so much,

Katie

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Hi there

I would recommend Phi Phi Island Village so highly. The service, location and price was excellent and we were treated so well and it was soooo easy.

We were able to negotiate prices for a number of things. We agreed on the price of the ceremony (about 46,000 bath) which sounded like alot when we booked but when we got there realised that so much was included that it was a bargin (have a look on the web site for what is included). We also negotiated on the room rates as we booked about 10 rooms for 3 nights including the hill side villa for us - a must!!! The reception was about £1000 pounds for the food for 40 people, with canapes. The food stations (about 6 of them, on the beach with the most amazing selection). We paid for all drinks for everyone from about 4pm until about 4.30am and this was about £1200. It would recommend that you just charge it all to the room instead of getting open bar as most people just ended up drinking local beer anyway. Also, we asked our guests to bring a bottle of champers each as a gift and the hotel did not charge us for corkage.

THe photographer was about £280 which included his boat and nights accommodation and he gave us 700 photos on disk by 8am the next day. I have attached a link for you to see some of them..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73012661@N00/

I can pass you the email address of the resort manager who was wonderful and looked after all aspects of our stay.

Please let me know if you need anything else but my overall feeling is that you can not get more of a perfect place to have a wedding.

Cheers

Nat

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Hi Kiwinat -

Thank you SO much for the detailed post and the wedding photos - your wedding looked amazing.

This has sure made me think maybe PPIV is the way to go. The only thing is that they have recently raised their prices (used to be 42k baht for the wedding, now they charge 69k) also they want to make you stay for 5 nights minimum.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. The pictures were fabulous!

K

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Hi again Nat,

A couple more questions-

I heard the beach wasn't that great for swimming / snorkelling at Phi Phi Island Village - is this true?

And you mentioned that you had the villa - this looks lovely but did you feel really far from the action? Do you think it was nicer than the beachfront bungalows?

Were you able to ask for certain colors or does the hotel just decorate in a standard way?

Did you get a discount on the villa and your guests rooms?

Thank you!

K

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Hi there

No problem for more notes....

THe swimming is fine around the hotel. it is not possible to snorkel at all time of the day as the tide does go out far for an hour or so. But this is the same as everywhere in Phi Phi. During those times the pool is fine anyhow.

The villa was so great. It did not feel too far away - we just got the golf cart if we did not want to walk up the hill. So much nicer than the beachfront bungalows - a real feel of being a nice rich superstar with a very private house!!

I did not ask for certain colours as I think they do have choices - more like what is available locally at the time.

We got a very large discount on the villa and the guest rooms - I think we paid about 20,000 for the villa and 5,000 for the bugalows - it was the 12th of Jan so peak time. We had about 14 rooms I think - some people stayed for 4 nights but some only for two. We stayed for 4 nights and stayed somewhere cheaper on the other side of the island for 10 days and then over to Railey for 6 nights for our honeymoon (with 20 other people!!)

We did not get any discount on the wedding package but drinks etc were cheaper than we first thought.

Let me know if you need anything else.

When are you planning to go?

Cheers

Nat

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Katie

Just noticed - on their web site it has that the new figure of THB69000 includes the celebrant for the service - the previous one of 49,000 which we paid did not and we had to pay an additional 20,000 for him to come over from Phuket. So perhaps it has not gone up at all!

wales uk
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

Hi there, i saw your messages and i wanted to ask a few questions also. I am this week booking my wedding at phi phi island village resort for next january. It will be myself and partner and approx 30 guests. I wanted to ask you for any top tips you could give me or any advice about things that perhaps benefitted you and your wedding or things you would have done differently. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Another thing i wanted to know is what you did on the evening of the wedding (not all nite). I am having a cocktail reception after and i was thinking of trying to organise a sunset cruise for my partner and my guests. Do you think this is possible or do you have any other ideas?

7. Re: kiwinat or phiphigirl - wedding on Phi Phi help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 28, 2009