We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

havana beach resort

Leeds
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
havana beach resort

Hi there, has anyone stayed at this place? looks fairly new but can't find any reviews. It's on thong nai pan yai beach. Would this be an ok location to get to full moon and back? Also, getting a lunchtime flight from samui to phuket so will it be ok to get back into samui through ferry, etc...any info would be great, thanks, joanne

Sydney
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: havana beach resort

HI Joanne...

my wife and i stayed at Havana for five nights over new years eve 06/07. you won't hear us utter a good word about it. it is new, and was still under construction while we were there (although they never tell you this of course). for 3000BHT/night it was a complete rip-off. we were happy to pay that much in the hope of indulging in some luxury, but were completely denied. you'll pay at least twice as much to stay here as you will any other resort on Nai Pan yai.

but...

if what you really want is to go to the full moon party, then talk about Havana is irrelevant because Nai Pan Yai is possibly the worst place you could stay for access to Haad Rin. Thong Nai Pan is remotely situated on the north east coast. the road is unsealed, severely eroded and as bumpy a ride as you will ever have. you'll be able to get a ride to the party okay, but you'll be extorted by the sawngtaew drivers for a lift back. and that journey is the last thing you'll want to go through after a night drinking buckets on Haad Rin beach under the full moon.

Ko Phangan is only a thirty minute ferry ride from Ko Samui, but the ferry times are few. i'm pretty sure we caught an 11am Seatrans ferry. whether or not there was an earlier ferry, i'm not sure. i think there are only three ferry operators - Seatrans, Lompraya Catamaran and some other one i can't remember. best bet is to google them and check the timetables. i am sure that you'll find one around 8 - 9a.m.

have fun!

2. Re: havana beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 20, 2009