We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

France
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

Please can anyone advise. I am looking at Panviman for 10 nights Nov/Dec and would welcome any feedback. I like places that are unspoilt, fairly quiet but with access to other restaurants, shops etc even if a taxi ride away. Last winter i stayed at Cape Panwa and loved the hotel but i thought Phuket too spoilt in general.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

Hi Rosie we have just returned from Santhiya Koh Phangan this is the new luxury resort at the opposite end of the beach to Panivan. Look up my trip report which I posted re my thoughts on Koh Phangan. We had a look around the Panivan whist there and thought it looked lovely. There was oddles of renovation going on at the time which was a good sign. There are plenty of retaurants within walking distance from the Panivan. All you need to do is walk along the beach and choose one. It is not fine dining of course but food was cheap and nice. The santhiya restaurant has the most stunning views and served nice quality food. Where ever you go take mossie repellant as they were everywhere. My only reservation for you is that it is a bit of a trek to get to Panivan as you need ot catach the ferry from Samui and then overland for about an hour. The roads are still a bit primative and bumpy. The benefit for us for the santhiya was it included in its price a free speed boat transfetr from samui (45 min all up). This area is beautiful but remote no shopping to speak of really just lazying at beach or pool deciding what the next meal will be. We will return one day as it is not often you are forced to chill out so completely.

France
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

Thanks very much Maisimo your response was very informative and has helped me make a choice.

Germany
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

Hi Rosie,

we staid at Baan Panburi this March which is on the same beach, just in the middle. The Panviman is a really gorgeous Resort. The best choise are the Bungalows. At the moment they rebuild all the bungalows and they get a new thatched roof. Their beach Restaurant looks nice, but is quiet expensive when you compare to the others. The restaurant of the Baan Panburi was full every night and really delicious and cheep. They have seafood grill every second night. The restaurant from Star Hut resort is cheeper and the food is better in my opinion, but this depends. There are further restaurants in the backside of the beach, even a mexican food place which looks very nice.

You can also reach the Thong Nai Pan Noi beach by boat. You go to Mae Nam beach main pier. At 12am leaves to Thong Nai Pan Noi boat from Samui and it stops first at Haad Rin, Sadet and TNPY beach. Price is around 300 each.

ciao, Yvonne

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

The beach is lovely - we also stayed at Baan Panburi and loved it - but November/December is very likely to be rainy on this side of the coast. The later you can go into December the better.

London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

Bella-Butterfly, I know you are a Koh tao regular ^_^

Do you happen to know anything about Lipanaa villa? I can't seem to find any reviews about it on this website.

I originally booked the seaview villa, but after reading some reviews, I decided to give Lipanaa villa a try (it's also cheaper as well). It would be really great if someone can give me some review on it~

Also, what's everyone's thought on Ko Phangan? Is it better than Koh tao?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

Hi Rosie,

I just checked out from the Panviman Resort in Koh Phagnan on the 26th Oct 06. Stayed there for Five Nights. I like the peace and quiet like the next person but i couldn't wait to leave.

Hotel is way over priced. The journey to the hotel is an experience to behold. 45 Min in 4x4 Jeep in the worst roads on earth. especially if it rains which it will. They say they have access to the beach again this depends on whether it rains otherwise you have 20min walk all around the town to get to main beach. There is about 3 grocery shops, thats it. NO CLOTHES etc... shops unless you want to pay 800 baht to go to the main town in taxi which again is 45 min on dirt roads.

The Hotel is Really anti disabled. they do not cater for wheel chair or elderly. its on a mountain. steep hills even to your room, they have golf buggies for the staff not the guests.......

The only thing i would give it the thumbs up for was the food, service and swimming pool. Thumbs down on all round prices and accomadation. far too expensive. its the middle of nowhere.

I would say this to you, if its sun bathing and a book all day by the pool, then this is the place for you,

Colm,

7. Re: Panviman resort and Ko Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 19, 2009