We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to hang out

Melbourne
Level Contributor
68 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to hang out

Hi, I just arrived to koh phangan and thongsala looks like a ghost town. Many shops are closed and barely any nice places to hang out. Am I missing something ? Any advice on what to do and where to go will be much appreciated. We are staying at kupu kupu resort

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,546 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to hang out

Well Thong Sala is just the jumping off point and the main administration area for KP, it's not the tourist area. You need to head to somewhere like Thong Nai Pan in the north or Haad Rin (if you like partying) in the south or possibly Haad Yao which is a good middle ground.

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to hang out

Kupu Kupu is a beautiful resort but unfortunately it is not in the best area. My advice is to rent a jeep and explore the island a little bit. You should also note that many shops and restaurants in Thong Sala don't actually open until the evening.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
68 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to hang out

Thank you for your help.

4. Re: Best places to hang out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2015