We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Phangan in August- solo female traveler

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Phangan in August- solo female traveler

I will be in Koh Phangan in early August and I am wondering where is the best place to stay (either region or specific bungalow accommodations info would be great). I will be traveling alone and I hope to meet people. I love music but I also want quiet time. I love bars but I also want to be able to swim in the water and really enjoy the beaches. Any advice would be much appreciated! I am reading that I should book something now, which is a bummer because I was sort of planning on winging it. I'd love to spend no more than $20 a night, so no luxury resorts are in the plans.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,072 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Phangan in August- solo female traveler

I would suggest somewhere like Thong Nai Pan Yai which still has some budget accommodation (although you may not find anything for $20). It's a stunning beach in the north of the island with a bunch of different types of bungalow accommodation, some bars and restaurants and swimmable seas. We just spent a couple of days on the west coast which I would have recommended, but the seas are so low they are pretty much un-swimmable.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Phangan in August- solo female traveler

Hi,

I agree with Cassnu. One budget option is the Longtail, a popular place at the end of the beach:

http://www.longtailbeachresort.com/

A little further away and a little inland are the Bamboo Bungalows.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Phangan in August- solo female traveler

I ended up booking at Phangan Beach Resort, so hopefully that works. How awesome is Koh Samui? I have been told Koh Phangan is way better, so I should keep Samui brief. Thoughts? How does two nights in Samui and 7 in Phangan sound?

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Phangan in August- solo female traveler

Hi I am also going to kopangan alone nice to met u I am in kopangan at 20-8-2013 and I will stay there 4 days for full moon my mail id is

aamiralikhan36@yahoo.com u can contect with me

5. Re: Koh Phangan in August- solo female traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 27, 2014