We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I make the 8am ferry to Koh Phangan?

london
Level Contributor
384 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Will I make the 8am ferry to Koh Phangan?

Hello,

We are booked on the 6am Bangkok airways to Koh Samui and we arrive in Koh Samui at 7am. I am hoping it might be possible to get the first ferry to Koh Phangan at 8am - is this possible if we get a taxi and buy tickets at the pier? It looks like otherwise we have to wait for the 11.30 ferry to Thong sala. Does anyone now if their any other alternatives or whether they think its possible to catch that early ferry?

thanks for any advice!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,916 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I make the 8am ferry to Koh Phangan?

Hi,

You may be able to make the 08.00 Seatran ferry to Koh Phangan. I believe its departure point is close to the airport. Failing that you could take the 10.30 Haad Rin Queen, a smaller boat to Haad Rin on the south of the island.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,954 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I make the 8am ferry to Koh Phangan?

There's also the Lomprayah at 8am from Maenam, if you land on time, grab your luggage quickly and get in a taxi you could probably make either of the 8am ferries.

3. Re: Will I make the 8am ferry to Koh Phangan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 22, 2014