We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

Hiya

I am looking to visit KPG with my boyfriend at the beg of April for 5 nights. Unfortunately we cant make our dates work to visit FMP so was thinking of going for the half moon festival. Is it worth it?

If we do what area should we stay in? After that I would like to stay in Thong Nai Pan for 3 nights. How would we get there from the area the half moon festival is in?

Thanks alot for your help in advance!

Sarah

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

Hi Sarah,

We stayed in TNP a few years ago (at Havana Beach Resort) and went to both the full moon and half moon parties. We all agreed that the half moon was a lot more fun! It was slightly less chaotic than the full moon and the vibe was a lot friendlier.

And it was super easy to get to both parties. We had a guy take us directly to the party in a truck, and came back in songthaews.

Hope that helps!

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

The party is in Baan Tai so if you want to be close to it stay there. Otherwise it is easy enough to get to from Thong Nai Pan so you could just stay there while visiting the island.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

Hey there, I am going to the half moon party in July and came across this when doing a little research. I would really like to stay somewhere within walking distance to the half moon party but if pos. somewhere that's good value but as nice as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks a million. :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

Thong Nai Pan is a good 40 minutes away by car.

Edited: 4:44 pm, June 24, 2013
Istanbul
Level Contributor
333 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

I was in Koh Phangan in last Janury at the FMP period. Since I couldn't find any good accommodation around Haad Rin I have booked a hotel in Thong Nai Pan Noi. I thought it would have been a problem to get to FMP area from Thong Nai Pan Noi and get back to hotel at the middle of the night. But, the hotel provided transport to FMP area at 6, 8 and 10 pm and to hotel back at 12, 2 and 4 am. It was around 400, 500 THB. I know that many hotels provide transport to FMP area for a fee. So, probably you won't have any problem to get to party area and back to hotel. Bye the way, Thong Nai Pan Noi is a paradise. Have a nice trip.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

Hey,we're going to the half moon party in July and staying at the Milky Bay resort in Ban Tai.The prices were really reasonable when we booked,some of the reviews of TA seem quite good and I think the place offers transportation to the half moon

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g303907-d6368…

7. Re: Visit Half Moon Party and Thong Nai Pan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 02, 2014