We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE 2013-2013 Ko Pha Ngan Accommodation - too late?

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.K
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
NYE 2013-2013 Ko Pha Ngan Accommodation - too late?

Heylo folks, I am headed to South East Asia on a solo backpacking holiday and want to party the NYE away at Ko Pha Ngan. A quick question for the regulars in this forum... is it too late to book up a bed someplace reasonable (youth hostels are perfectly reasonable :-D ) ?

Thanks muchly for your advice!

U.K
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: NYE 2013-2013 Ko Pha Ngan Accommodation - too late?

Thanks Andy, I'll ask 'em there as well. Cheerio! :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,206 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: NYE 2013-2013 Ko Pha Ngan Accommodation - too late?

If you're not planning to stay on Haad Rin Beach itself, then you are just as well to stay somewhere like Thong Nai Pan (as previously suggested) as it's still easier to get back to than Samui the next day.

U.K
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: NYE 2013-2013 Ko Pha Ngan Accommodation - too late?

Will do Cassnu. Seeing as both Koh Samui and Koh Phangan will be equally expensive at the time, and given that I am a solo backpacker, looks like Koh Phangan it is for accommodation.

Now to see if there is cleaner accommodation than a youth hostel is available for the same price or thereabouts, as the youth hostel in Haad Rin is asking for!

U.K
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: NYE 2013-2013 Ko Pha Ngan Accommodation - too late?

--updating the Koh Samui and Koh Phangan threads on this subject simultaneously so new arrivals to any of the forums can get the into--

Thanks guys. I am in touch with folks from a website called WWW.PHANGAN.INFO. They seem to be local booking agents. They have offered me a "deal" as follows:

1) ..for Jaya Dorm is 800 Baht per person (this is the not-so-clean youth hostel [BANG!] on the Haad Rin FMP beach)

2) Power Beach - has STANDARD CONCRETE FAN BUNGALOW 1DB OR 2 SG, HOT WATER at 1166 Baht per night plus NY Gala Dinner at 1500 Baht per person.

3) Green Peace - has FAN ROOM WITH 1 DOUBLE BED, COLD WATER at 550 Baht per night or FAN BUNGALOW WITH 1 DOUBLE BED, HOT SHOWER at 1000 Baht per night

Green Peace take about 10 minutes drive to Haad Rin, while Power Beach take around 15 minutes.

What do you reckon??

Am planning to hire a motorbike anyways (got a week on the island if I stay there.. NEED a bike :-) ). so can always drive to the party in the night and drive back when sober in the morning.

Edited: 2:20 pm, October 04, 2012
15. Re: NYE 2013-2013 Ko Pha Ngan Accommodation - too late?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 15, 2013