We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Phangan for New Years 2013

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Phangan for New Years 2013

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at travelling to Thailand for most of December and plan to hit Koh Phangan for the full moon party on the 28th and stay for new years.

My question is, will it be easy enough to get accommodation when I arrive? I've heard stories of people making bookings online only to turn up and find the hotel has no record of them (the rooms been given away). But I've also been having a look and a few of the hotels I've looked at are saying they're already full!

Any advice/tips/suggestions would be muchly appreciated as this is my first trip to the country.

Thanks!

Lehi

Calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Koh Phangan for New Years 2013

I booked for 2012 and paid by credit card and my father got heart attack and we had to cancel the booking

My father went into haert by pass in Dec 12/12 and was told we will get REFUND less 10% administration fees and we agreed. Today is May 8th 2013 and we have got nothing and they give excuses that the manager stole money and ran away and latest is we can not get loan from the bank.

So what are your thoughts?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Koh Phangan for New Years 2013

You'd be better off going to your credit card company - the likelihood of getting a refund from the hotel itself sounds non existent.

Delhi
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Koh Phangan for New Years 2013

Lisa, if you want to stay in North, try High Life bungalows. Very pretty, quite, affordable, killer service and they have a pet parrot :) 20 min taxi ride away from haad rin area (200 bhats). I just returned from FMP and stayed in high life (Haad Yo - north of Phangan). I'm planning on visiting Phangan again, in my experience, Ban Tai area is more convenient to stay in, since its equidistant from the full moon area and the main ferry pier. Feel free to email me - sonalkwatra13@gmail.com for more info, I will see you in Phangan for NYE :)

24. Re: Koh Phangan for New Years 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan