We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding on Koh Phangan

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Horse riding on Koh Phangan

Could anyone tell me if there is somewhere on Koh Phangan to go horse riding preferably on the beach.

We are also staying in Koh Samui & have asked the same question on that forum & there doesn't seem to be anywhere that you can go horse riding there.

Thanks

Jacqui

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,978 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding on Koh Phangan

Hi

If your daughter loves to ride a horse then please don't google it.

I love horses, had several when I was younger, and I loved to ride [including side saddle] and drive horse, do in hand showing, teaching etc etc. When I was a child everything was horses, horses, horses. I was an equine junky (until the hips gave up), and you just don't find the care and consideration to this oh so willing creatures in places like Thailand.

So, if you daughter really does love to ride horses, plan a trip when she gets home . . . think of the horses! Better an unhappy daughter than a ill treated horse!

Thank you!

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding on Koh Phangan

I have never seen a horse on the island but agree with Mitch. Animals in general are not treated too well in Thailand.

3. Re: Horse riding on Koh Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 06, 2013