We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick full moon party question please!

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Quick full moon party question please!

Can anyone suggest a mellow place to sit down and enjoy a few drinks for the party? My wife and I are getting a little old for the trance scene but would love to find a place to take everything in and enjoy a few drinks. Maybe something a little more up scale? I'm sure we will venture around a bit but doubt we hang for on the beach for too long..

Thanks in advance!!!!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,930 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick full moon party question please!

Oh crikey, there is nothing mellow [60s word] about FMP!

You will find lots of chilling out [the modern mellow] the next day, but the FMP is about dance music on the beach, fluro and buckets of drink! The areas around Haad Rin will be mad and fun!

Why not head to one of the nicer hotels elsewhere on the island and chill out on the beach. What better than to be watching the sun go down whilst sipping something on Salad Beach!

[PS I won't be seeing my 50th birthday again . . .]

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick full moon party question please!

I agree, FMP is definitely not mellow on the night. You could head to the FMP early, have a few drinks in one of the many bars and then when you've had enough get the heck out of there and go back to your hotel - probably one that is a good distance from the party!

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick full moon party question please!

Try The Rock at the very far end. You can sit and sip drinks from above and watch the scene below.

Edited: 7:25 am, August 03, 2012
San Diego...
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick full moon party question please!

Thank you for the suggestions. I read about the Rock as well earlier. Appears to be a great choice. Should be a lot of fun!

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,379 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick full moon party question please!

There are "Rocks" on both end of the beach. Facing the sea we usually make it to the right end first and have a drink or two at the place up the rock. Then make all the way to the other end and climb up to the bar furthest up.

Thereafter we usually get off the beach and spend some time at one (or sometimes several) of the pubs or grab a bite to eat, before we head back to Samui.

PS: How do I copy the PS of TravellingMitch to here :)

6. Re: Quick full moon party question please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan