We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Hi There :) Can anyone recommend a honest motorbike/scooter hire company on koh phangan?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Depends where on the island you will be.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Hi there :) We will be staying in haad rin but dont mind renting the bike from elsewhere if we know they are honest

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Chai shop in Baan Thai just opposite the 7-11 is good. It is also a bike repair shop.There are also a few good ones in Thong Sala near the pier. I am not sure about in Haad Rin itself.

Be very careful on the Haad Rin road. It has many steep hills and sharp turns and I have known a few that have died along this route. It is the one road on the island I will not dare on a motorbike.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

yeah i have heard a few horror stories about that road, thanks for the recommendation and the advise :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
408 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

lauren b

I used My Hut rentals near Haad Chao Pao for a jeep. They were good, but I still took a video of the car's exterior prior to using it as a precaution. I've used them twice with no issues. They did take my passport as part of the process. I think this technically is not a legal practice, but from what the locals tell me it's very difficult to find a place that doesn't.

And as discussed, be careful!! We've seen some nasty accidents in that Haad Rin area!

Good Luck!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

thanks for the advice, yeah i wondered if there was any way of getting around having to leave a passport when renting, and i have heard to take video/photos of the bike/car beforehand too, if they see u doing this i guess they are less likley to try and scam u too :)

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Whats the daily rental for scooter I can expect on Ko Phangan? I need a bike for 2 persons and for aproximately a week...are the prices similar to the mainland?

Thanks...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Yes. It is basically (I think) 200 or 250 Baht per day, depending on the bike.

canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

Does anyone know of any motorbike rentals at Ao Thong Nai Pan Yai or Ao Thong Nai Pan Noi.

10. Re: any honest motorbike rentals on koh phangan??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, December 07, 2011