We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Topic
From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

i am going to Hat Yai for 5 days. Any idea where can i go beside stay in the city? I am thinking to go to Kok SaMui in between then back to Hat Yai before i leaves. How long it will take? How can i go to Koh SaMui? By bus?

Thanks,

Janice

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

Yes, take a bus to Surat Thani, and then you can use the minivan & ferry transfer of these guys;

http://www.lomprayah.com/surat/surat.html

Bus: Hat Yai to Surat Thani - 6 hours/200฿ (mini vans should also be available, a little cheaper and a bit faster).

Van and ferry: Surat Thani to Samui 2 hours/450฿

Edited: 9:55 pm, September 06, 2010
Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

Do u mean i have to take 6 hours to reach Koh Samui by bus ? If by van or ferry it only take 2 hours to reach Koh SaMui?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

Bus station and port are two different place hence van and ferry. Combined trip is 8 hours not counting waiting time for ferry

Why Koh Samui? You could visit other beach areas much closer to Hat Yai if that is why you are going to Koh Samui, seems like an awful lot of travel if you are only in Hat Yai for 5 days, most of you time would be spent in transit....

Edited: 12:00 pm, September 09, 2010
Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

If not Koh Samui, what other places that you suggest i should go where it is much closer with Hat Yai?

OR

Maybe u can tell me what i can do in Hat Yai for 5 days? hehe...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

I have never been to Hat Yai..

Anyway, just look at a map. Krabi is closer than going to Koh Samui. So is Ko Lanta. There are also many islands off the the Southern Andaman Sea coast that are closer than going up to Surat Thani then taking a ferry to Ko Samui.

Just looking at the map I see that Satun is on the west coast not that far from Hat Yai. There is an island there called Ko Tarutao that I have read about before. You can always look into that.

6. Re: From Hat Yai to Koh SaMui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 09, 2011