We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

auckland
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to get from Koh Samui aiport to Thongsala pier on Koh Phangan.

We will be arriving at about 2.40pm on 27th December 2010.

I am finding it so hard to find a ferry that runs in the afternoon and I have no idea where the ferries leave from or how to get there from the airport.

I have also heard there are ferry companies which also run buses that can pick you up from the airport and take you to the ferry?

Please help!

Thanks

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

Lomprayah have a ferry service departing Nathon pier at 4.30pm (arriving at KPG at 5pm).

http://www.lomprayah.com/surat/surat.html

You can organise a minivan transfer to the pier for around 200฿ at the airport.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,989 posts
386 reviews
2. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

You can also book online now

www.lomprayah.com/E/booking_buffet_1.aspx

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

Lomprayah used to have mini vans to/from the pier/airport. This was a free service when you purchased a ferry ticket. I have not been in a couple of years but have not heard that this is not still the case.

There is also a speed boat that runs every hour. It takes approximately 12 minutes and arrives In Baan Thai.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,989 posts
386 reviews
4. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

Mini vans still running

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
50 posts
5. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

Hi,

there are 3 options for you:

1.as some mentioned here already, Lomprayah offers airport transfer by Bus or Minibus (depends on Bookings) to the Pier and from there to Koh Phangan.

2. Seatran Ferry from Bangrak Pier, is also going to Koh Phangan and you can get a cab at the airport to the pier of Bangrak, get the Ferry to Koh Phangan

3. Get the Had Rin Queen Boat which leaves from Bangrak's small Pier (had Rin Queen Boat pier).

You can easily ereach those piers by the airport taxis and should not be more than 400 thb.

if you need "professional" help, you may contact us :)

have a great holiday here...

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
165 reviews
6. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

Are Lomprayah reliable? Am planning on a visit from Samui and trying to head to Koh Phangan and/or Koh Tao. Probably would book online too.

New York
9 posts
7. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

I am flying into Sammui in December 29th but might not be there til 8pm. Is there a ferry to get to Phangan that late? Or is 630pm the last ferry and if I miss that I have to sleep in Sammui?

Appreciate anyones help!!

New York
9 posts
8. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

I am flying into Sammui in December 29th but might not be there til 8pm. Is there a ferry to get to Phangan that late? Or is 630pm the last ferry and if I miss that I have to sleep in Sammui?

Appreciate anyones help!!

9. Re: Getting from Koh Samui airport to Koh Phangan (Thongsala)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, April 04, 2011