We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lone traveller in Ko Phangan - Accomodation?

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hitchin, England
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lone traveller in Ko Phangan - Accomodation?

Hi there... I'm a 28yo male from England, I'm looking to spend about a week in Ko Phangan in June. I'll be alone so I'd like to stay somewhere that I can meet like minded people and somewhere near to the beaches and nightlife... any ideas?! Any good hostels?!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lone traveller in Ko Phangan - Accomodation?

I think you are best to stay in Haad Rin or quite close.

I didnt see any hostels on Phangan,i think because there is so much budget accommodation anyway.

Unless you stay in Haad Rin or Tongsala(Main Town) you will have to travel by bike or songtaew for most of the nightlife.

There were plenty of backpackers as well as up market travelers in Haad Rin when I went last june.

Phangan is a lot cheaper than samui so you might stay a bit longer!

You can find some cheaper places to stay on Samui but not as much as Phangan.

If you are on your own in samui you are better off in lamai or Maenam as Chewang is just too touristy.

I am presuming that you are on some sort of budget because you mentioned "Hostels" on both forums, If so and the budget is tight,stay longer on Phangang as samui can get very expensive unless you know the ropes.

I have been to Thailand many times over the years and Samui is one of my least favorite places but Phangan was great.

Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lone traveller in Ko Phangan - Accomodation?

Hey, I'm 27, from Ireland, also travelling on my own so looking for similar to yourself...at this late stage I assume you are here & sorted but I'm staying in Tommy Resort, it's loadsa fun, hoppin with 20 somethings all looking to go nuts! Feel free to get in touch

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lone traveller in Ko Phangan - Accomodation?

Try The Chill House..... lcated in Had Rin on the hill....

4. Re: Lone traveller in Ko Phangan - Accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:48 am, December 08, 2009