We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Phangan Accommodation

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Koh Phangan Accommodation

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are heading to KP in early Feb for the full moon party, looking for some advice on accommodation there.

We want to stay somewhere that's close enough to get to and from the FMP easily, and in an area where we can meet lots of people/close to towns, bars, etc.

I was looking at the Tommy Resort which seems ideal for this and gets a great review, but I just wonder if I could find a cheaper hotel with the same features? We don't necessarily need the splendour Tommy seems to offer - just a clean, safe place to sleep.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Phangan Accommodation

We stayed right in Haad Rin although not during a FMP and loved it. You may find that places will only accept accommodation for 7+ days during a FMP and you would be wise to book early.

Pics and stories of our trips here... www.thebobmarsh.com

Happy & safe travels

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Phangan Accommodation

I only see one town on Phangan and that was Tongsala.

About 12 km from Haad Rin.

The main road runs from Tongsala to Haad Rinn with bars eateries convienience stores and villages on the way.

Ban Tai area is popular during FMP for people wanting to get away from it without going too far with plentyful easy transport to haad Rin and back.

Be careful if you rent a scooter as the steep hills and sharp bends too and from Haad Rin have ruined many a good holiday!

I am quite an experienced rider and it scared the hell out of me sometimes!

We stayed at the "Rungarun" in Ban Tai,fantastic beach front bungalows for around $50 a night for the top bungalow,although quite and not during FMP the owner showed us her booking list for FMP and it was totaly full for the next 6 months.

Make sure you book a resort early as they fill up quick for FMP.

Den

3. Re: Koh Phangan Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 13, 2009