We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is New year's at Ko Phangan happening?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is New year's at Ko Phangan happening?

My friends and I are planning to go there for New Years 08-09. We need to start planning soon, so I wonder if anybody knows how the party atmosphere is at Ko Phangan? Is it crazy, or just fun? Is there anything happening there during that time? Or is another area much more fun, like Ko Samui or something? Let me know all the details!

Thanks.

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is New year's at Ko Phangan happening?

Crazy - and great! they have a party on the same beach as the full moon parties - sometimes attracting more people than the FMP.

Enjoy!!!!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,857 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is New year's at Ko Phangan happening?

Yes FMPs scheduled for 25Dec and 31Dec....It is CRAZY!!!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is New year's at Ko Phangan happening?

Really? ok. we're heading off there then! i have been reading about those parties, and im excited now! is there any tips regarding parties there, like where the best area to go to, or something to take note of, etc?

you guys know of a good place to rent a beachfront villa? around 3-4 bedrooms?

thanks so much!!!!

4. Re: Is New year's at Ko Phangan happening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 10, 2009