We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full moon party accomodation

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Full moon party accomodation

Hi

I am planning to check out the full moon party in May but don't want to stay on the island for 5 nights as lots of the hotels require. Is it worthwhile staying on Koh Samui and travelling over or will i be missing out from not staying on Koh Phangan? Also, will i have any fun going by myself??? ;)

Brisbane
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full moon party accomodation

Hi there JohannaBanana,

I too am looking for accom without the minimum nights stay. It is difficult to find and maybe a bit of risk not to pre-book. But I am considering this option as it seems that if you just walk in you do get better rates and they tend not to enforce the min nights stay. I'm going with a few friends in May and you are welcome to hang with us if you would like to? Otherwise I would say be VERY careful if you do go by yourself. It seems that there are a number of risks at an FMP especially being female, and on your own.

I've also looked into the option of staying at Koh Samui but am as yet not too sure on how easy it is to get to Koh Phangan. From what I can gather the last ferry over on a FMP night is at 9pm, anyone know if this is right? And I'm not sure when they start up again in the morning. Does anyone know the answer to that one??

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full moon party accomodation

I think they start up at 7am - which depending on whether you're a real party animal or not could be too early! The party is always great at sunrise - u get to see how mashed everyone really is - shades are an essential item if you plan on staying till the sun comes up!

I have always stayed on KP which I think is a much better island than KS - if you get the chance I would definitely recommend spending a few nights on KP.

There's no doubt you're better off going to the party with someone and you'll find it easy to meet people either on the ferry over or at the party itself. I think considering the number of people at FMP's every month there is rarely trouble or incidents of any kind.

Take care how much thai whisky you drink as its lethal - great in moderate amounts but you will have the mother of all hangovers if you drink too much of it!

All the best - have a great time!!

3. Re: Full moon party accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 25, 2009