We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New "concrete ring road" on the island? Effect?

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New "concrete ring road" on the island? Effect?

Hi,

I just read that there is a new "concrete ring road" on Koh Phangan, that takes you from the North to the West coast. I had noticed that there was some construction going on during my last visit but just wanted to check what the "state" of the island is right now? Is this concrete ring road finalised? Which parts of the islands are now easily accessible by taxi?

Another forum post also mentions loads of construction work on Ao Thong Nai Pan Yai & Noi ... is this correct?

I always like to combine staying near Haad Rin (for a few days) with a more chilled place like Ao Thong Nai Pan Yai. But, when I read about construction work going on I wonder if Chaloklum Bay isn't a better option right now?

Unfortunately I never manage to travel for more than 2 or 3 weeks at once, so I need to be quite time-efficient (sounds pretty bad in the context of a laid-back island like Koh Phangan... I know :-S )

So, summarising my question: What are your tips for a more chilled beach on Phangan in 2008 but that still offers a couple of options in the night time? A few bars or restaurant? I don't want a completely secluded spot neither ... I like to be able to move around a little but I don't need the "intensity" of Haad Rin.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Greg

PS: feel free to check my blog about Thailand and other destinations >

http://gregstraveltips.blogspot.com/

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New "concrete ring road" on the island? Effect?

Greg,

Try ban tai area - its in between Thong Sala and Haad rin and yet its very chilled out. I have stayed at hansa reasort before - its good, but when I next go I'm gonna stay at milky bay. I went there for a meal last time and the whole resort looked great.

If you like partying the half moon and black moon parties are near ban tai. have a good one.

kev

2. Re: New "concrete ring road" on the island? Effect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 21, 2009