We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

nyc
10 posts
Save Topic
booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

hi everybody. as usual, lots of great stuff here. my girlfriend are trying to decide between a few places for a week in march. the problem seems to be that nobody books directly, at least what i can tell. there's the form on the phangan info website that apparently gets passed along to the bungalow of choice.

i just want to make sure this is the way it goes, or maybe i need to look harder for individual web sites for central cottages, sunset cove, star huts and a few others..

thanks for the info....

perth
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

Hi radioking

I have booked twice through a website as long as the website is secured i.e look at your task bar then you should have no problem. Also read the reviews on the site you can tell if they are made up or honest:)

perth
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

whoops! The website is called HotelThailand.com :)

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

Hi,

I would recommend using www.sawadee.com ... good rates and excellent service.

…blogspot.com/2007/01/thailand-december-2006…

Cheers,

Greg

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

I booked thru phangan info and was very happy, no problems at all

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
491 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

Same.

I booked through Phangan info and had no problems.

I found that if I contacted a resort directly to get availability and a quote that the resort didn't respond, but a person from Phangan Info was the one returning my email. They must forward the request on to Phangan info as a booking agent.

Brett

budapest
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

hi there,

what is the best idea, when you get off the boat in Thongsala Piers, there is one good travel agent on the main road, between the piers. Go to ask them for accommodation, they give you the best rates, they speak english and taxi pick-up was for free, even I booked just one night. they are very nice people, and they have many many possibilities about accommodation.

D.

7. Re: booking in ko phangan- direct or thru the phangan info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 21, 2009