We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Ko Phangan from Samui

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Ko Phangan from Samui

Hello

We are going to stay on Ko Phangan in March and am trying to find the best ferry journeys as I don't travel light.

We will be flying into Samui from BKK and then going straight for the ferry. On our return we are staying back at the Waterfront in Bophut and would like to get the return ferry to Bophut instead of the otherside of the island.

We will hopefully staying at Sunset Cove in Ko Phangan

I know boats can drop you off in the Fishermans village but they were speedboats and seeing as we will have luggage were not going to be able to get a speedboat.

Any help much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Bophut
Bophut
Ko Samui, Thailand
koh phangan
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Ko Phangan from Samui

Hi

You can find a lot of informations on this place

http://www.phangan-guide.com

See ya

Essex-UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Ko Phangan from Samui

I have always used speedboats even with luggage, they store them up the front of the boats when ever I have travelled in Thailand.

I think the Catamaran that leaves from MAE NAM sounds the fastest, On the way back choose a different route if you want to head back into Bophut.

What time does your flight land? I am arriving in March too.

Lisa x

Mentioned in this post
Bophut
Bophut
Ko Samui, Thailand
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Ko Phangan from Samui

Haven't booked our domestic flights yet. We arrive in Samui on the 4th April till the 10th. Think were going to get the 13.20 Bangkok air to Samui then get the 5pm Catamaran as don't fancy a speed boat

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
4. Re: Ferry to Ko Phangan from Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2009