We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thong Nai Pan Noi beach news :-(

Paris, France
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Thong Nai Pan Noi beach news :-(

A friend of mine who live in Koh Pha Ngan send me pics and infos about the constructions of Baan Panburi new "luxury" resort. Those constructions are very ugly (they want to do a concrete building with one floor - see pic links) but there is another scandal... Behind Baan Panburi new resort there is the foreign technical staff of Buri Rasa ( a 5* resort in Samui). And they make work a kid on those constructions. And this foreign staff is not chocked by that ? In LOS, for the law, to work, you have to be 18 years old.

My friend (it's not a tourist, he live in KPN since 5 years) who take the pic (see links) there is a few days in TNPN ask the kid if he was working or not. And the answer was "yes". I am sure the "top end" new customers of this "resort" will be happy to know that their future "luxury bungalow" was build by a poor exploited kid. It's very "chic" and so 5* attitude :-(

Developpers of luxury resorts like Santhya 5* (so ugly when you see it from the beach) and now Baan Panburi (with Buri Rasa) at TNPN beach destroy the natural beauty of this beach, If they were more "eco-friendly", they can build their new "luxury resorts" more hidden in the coconuts trees and not in front of the beach. Samui is destroy now and they want to destroy KPN.

In India, there is a lot of new luxury resorts build and they take care a lot of the natural beauty of a place. After the mistakes of Goa, they have understand that natural beauty is their golden mine. That's why people get there. I was in Havelock island this winter (India- Andamans and Nicobar islands) and the only luxury gh of beach # 7 is not seaview. You have to walk in the rainforest 5 minutes before to be in the resort. When you are on the beach, you think you are on a desert beach and that there is no accomodations there ! It's a good idea. If the new resort of Buri Rasa and Baan Panburi was at 5 minutes walk from the beach, hidden in the coconuts trees, it will be better to preserve the beauty of this beach. There is already a lot of accomodation facing this beach.

Links to pics :

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC_0313-1.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC_0288.jpg

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Thong Nai Pan Noi beach news :-(

Think what you will about me; that is your objective opinion.

I have my opinion too and I feel a hedonistic mix of travelers is a positive thing. Like it or not, my opinion.

I hope you have happy travels - I know I will!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Thong Nai Pan Noi beach news :-(

Hi all, Im going back to KPN next year, I haven't been since 1990 and for your reviews it seems like it has changed a lot!

Air con??? Luxury resorts with pools, roads, and thousands at full moon parties. I hope this beautiful Island hasn't been spoilt.

Someone told me that Samui had a Mcdonalds and Costa Coffee!! Hah strange what mass tourism does.

Cheers

Paris, France
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Thong Nai Pan Noi beach news :-(

Avoid Samui, it'a a tourist trap for newbies in LOS now ! And developers want to make the same s... than in Samui, in Koh Pha Ngan ;-( Make quick to discover the last spots of KPN who are not destroy by money makers !

34. Re: Thong Nai Pan Noi beach news :-(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, September 10, 2009