We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on A/C on the island

Port Coquitlam...
2 posts
Thoughts on A/C on the island

I am going to Thailand for 4 weeks in November and will be staying on Koh Phangan for the FMP. I am aware of the weather. I am wondering people's thoughts are on how necessary getting a room with A/C is on the island. I am staying almost right on the beach, I am thinking the wind might keep it a bit cooler, but any input from people with experience would be great, thanks! :)

6 replies to this topic
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Thoughts on A/C on the island

I'd just get a room with a fan, especially in November... if you find it not to your liking, ask for an upgrade, but you should be fine...it's not worth the extra cost. There will be lots of rooms available in November if you need to get AC.

I will say that AC does help to dry out the air, so see how it goes!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,863 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: Thoughts on A/C on the island

Depends what temperatures you're used to sleeping in really

I wouldn't book a room without AC

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
3. Re: Thoughts on A/C on the island

A skinny person or person with optimum BMI should not need AC on any Thai island in November.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Thoughts on A/C on the island

FMP, Nov ............. personally, I need AC, or at least the dehumidifier mode of the unit. Or I can't sleep.

Thinking.........FMP....Nov. off season, so who would attend anyway ???

You won't need AC, as you probably be drunk / drugged up, and have no problem sleeping, possibly on the beach about 3AM. Do you really need a room ?

So no worries.

ENJOY

another 1 post wonder .............. I'm bored

Edited: 4:26 am, September 22, 2018
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Thoughts on A/C on the island

November is one of the coolest months on the gulf coast side... even now AC is not really needed.... coming from Port Coquitlam, you be well used to rain. It's just a bit warmer here!

One thing I would suggest is do not book the whole month on booking sites, you should be able to negotiate a deal direct with many places as it will be slow... Just book two or three nights, look around if you need too..

Also if you do get fed up with the rain, Phuket / Krabi side is about 700 baht (about C$30.00) away on ferry and bus, it will be nicer weather on the west coast!

Port Coquitlam...
2 posts
6. Re: Thoughts on A/C on the island

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. I think a room with a fan should be enough. I'm only there for a few nights. Can't wait! :)

Reply to: Thoughts on A/C on the island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted