We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with outside restaurants

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
hotel with outside restaurants

We are staying in the panviman hotel in August 2019 for 1 week. Could anyone recommend a hotel on the West coast with nice Beach restaurants or a nice village like the panviman? Many thanks

6 replies to this topic
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: hotel with outside restaurants

I would suggest Maehaad / Koh Ma beach area, it's a lovely beach with small village. On the NW side.

Koh Ma Resort and spa is the newest resort in the area and nicely built. Look and search on Google Maps.

There is also Maehaad Bay resort or Wang Sai Resort, next door along with a few other resorts along the beach. The village (not large) has a few small shops and restaurants.

After TNP area, I think the second best beach area on Koh Phangan.

Edited: 8:59 pm, September 18, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
774 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: hotel with outside restaurants

Jim, does Ko Ma area have a village?

We just visited the beach by the road (from Miami beach) down the side of Ko Ma resort, then drove back out the same way to the central main road down middle of island. We did not see a village and google maps didn't show one either?

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: hotel with outside restaurants

Thank you. I have just received an e-mail to say that there isn't a village with restaurants. Please can you confirm and also would it be possible to have any western food as I have a very fussy grand daughter! Many thanks

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: hotel with outside restaurants

Hello Sandra and Paul

The area is generally known as Koh Ma, but Maehaad is the village. Perhaps that is where the confusion comes from!

The village is Maehaad, Koh Ma is a deserted island, that used to have a resort, one can walk to, when the tides are low...which is would be in August.

The village of Maehaad, as said is not large, but there enough restaurants around the beach and on the street I think would satisfy most people. No difference in food choices than anywhere else.

Look at Google maps to get an idea of the area:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Mae+Haad+Beach/@9.7943721,99.9778751,16.81z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x3055019cc0604d6d:0xc3e0988f43328547!8m2!3d9.7945658!4d99.9794071?hl=en-GB

I have not been over yet this year, but the new Koh Ma resort, should have their restaurant finished now... that and another restaurant to the east are really the only two beach restaurants.... others are close by.

Where the fishing boats park, is access to the street when walking along the beach area, or by coming from the road at the other end, it's not a long street.

Some people may suggest Haad Salad, the next beach area south, it appeals to some, never has to me, but restaurants are going to have pretty much the same choices.

There is almost a year to decide, so it's not panic stations... odds on just arriving and getting a room would be high.

I hope that helps!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: hotel with outside restaurants

Try Haad Salad.

London, United...
Level Contributor
774 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: hotel with outside restaurants

Thanks Jim, good to know we didn't miss out on a village when we were there on our 3hr visit ;O) , as we liked it a lot and would consider staying there, but maybe only for a few days as we really like walking to evening local restaurants.

Reply to: hotel with outside restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted