We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai to Ko Phangan - Quickest route?

London, England
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chiang Mai to Ko Phangan - Quickest route?

Hey,

Can anyone tell me the quickest way to get to Ko Phangan from Chiang Mai - can I get a flight direct to anywhere nearby like Surat Thani or will I need to get back to Bangkok?

Thanks,

Angie

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai to Ko Phangan - Quickest route?

Hi Angie, Check Bangkok air. We flew Changmai to Koh Samui. Then you can get the ferry over to Koh Phangan. CJ

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai to Ko Phangan - Quickest route?

Hi there,

I used to live in Surat Thani (now in BKK) and I just recently flew back from there. As far as I know all of the Surat flights are to and from Bangkok...apparently only Air Asia and Thai fly into the new airport, the others (Nok, One-2-Go) fly into the old airport.

Bangkok Airways appears to have a direct flight to Ko Samui from Chiang Mai. That would be the fastest and most expensive route. You can get a boat to Ko Phangan at Big Buddha or the Nathorn Pier in Samui.

Hope this helps.

regards,

tin

3. Re: Chiang Mai to Ko Phangan - Quickest route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 30, 2009