We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in koh phangan

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Where to stay in koh phangan

Any recomendations where to stay in koh phangan. We are 2 couples over the 30s. We would like to stay in a nice beach to swim with restaurants and bars where we can chill out and have some drinks. ( Not parties)

12 replies to this topic
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

Knowing time of year would help!! Some beaches (most have very low water during summer months).

Thong Nai Pan area is a bit off the beaten track, but very pleasant, NE corner, a little remote but has places that may fit the bill!

Maehaad beach / Koh Ma, has always been one of my favorites, lovely beach and a mix of places in all price ranges.

The west coast is more built up, some parts are quite hilly at the north end but a huge mix of places/ areas to choose from.

South coast beaches are not that great, IMO and more for the FMP crowd with bars along the strip!

Edited: 8:36 pm, December 09, 2017
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

Thong Nai Pan Yai (more upmarket) or TNP Noi (slightly lower key), both have beautiful beaches and good accommodation options.

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

what about nightlife in Thong Nai Pan Yai and Thong Nai Pan Yai Noi? any bars?

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

we will be there from 16JAN to 20 JAN

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

Both have some bars and restaurants, they are pretty low key compared to other places - you can easily go between the two for variety. Haad Yao is a bit livelier, although is often the go to place out of Full Moon Party time, so might not be to your liking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
774 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

Krabi/Andaman area would be better weather & rough seas wise in Jan.

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

yes krabi was there last march and was fantastic

London, United...
Level Contributor
774 posts
83 reviews
8. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

oh right.

We were in Krabi last Feb, and Thong Nai Pan Noi next April.

Theses 3 hotels have their own boat service from ko samui, which makes things easier for first timers ;o)

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

2 posts
9. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

hi

I visit two time in Phuket , but this year going again for new year eve, after i have plan to visit Koh Phangan for enjoying full moon party, i don't have no any friend with me , no idea alone person will be enjoying on this place? best stay area in Koh Phangan for full moon party . regards

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
69 reviews
10. Re: Where to stay in koh phangan

I suggest either Haad Rin or Baan Tai @Happy-Hashmi, however, you have left it extremely late and will find getting accommodation difficult now.

Reply to: Where to stay in koh phangan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted