We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January 2nd Full Moon Party

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
January 2nd Full Moon Party

Hello,

Is the January 2nd FMP worth going to? I know its right after the new years party, so that is why I am asking. Do people normally stick around? I am thinking about going to it, but I dont want to go if no one is going to be there. Also, is there any place that plays hip hop or top 40 during the party?

2 replies to this topic
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January 2nd Full Moon Party

Most resorts have a three or more days minimum stay in the area, I am sure there will be people staying around!

How fit they are to party on the day after parties, might be a different matter!

Your concern should probably be trying to book a place to stay in Haad Rin or at least Ban Tai... It will probably be one of the busiest few days of the year. You can also stay on other parts of Koh Phangan, and use the taxi services from various resorts. 400 or so baht return trip.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,201 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: January 2nd Full Moon Party

January 2nd is the official Full Moon Party, the one on NYE is not a FMP, but is still probably the busiest party of the year and most people will stick around for the 2nd. Agree that you need to book accommodation asap.

Reply to: January 2nd Full Moon Party
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted