We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Ko Lanta from Khao Lak

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to Ko Lanta from Khao Lak

Hello

I was hoping that somebody could give me some advice on this, I've read about the car ferries and according to a car firm I've been told the journey could take around 5-6 hours with approx 4 being spent on a ferry from Phuket, something which I don't really relish.

I've seen that speedboat transfers are offered from Krabi Town, however, it appears that the transfer for this goes from Krabi airport so my question is, does anybody know if you can just turn up at the speedboat pier and buy a ticket to go on or do you have to book a transfer from Krabi airport too?

Thanks!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Ko Lanta from Khao Lak

The most convenient would be by taxi. It takes about 4-5 hours subject to the waiting time for the two Lanta ferries. I think, you can haggle for a fare of about 4-5000 Baht. The drive is very scenic, first through the mountains from Khao Lak to Phang Nga and from there up to Krabi you have stunning limestone karsts.

2. Re: Getting to Ko Lanta from Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, October 03, 2014