We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi & Bangkok calling

Mumbai
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Krabi & Bangkok calling

Hi. We a couple from India and we are visiting Krabi & Bangkok from Nov 30 - Dec 4 2013. We are planning to stay for 4 days in Krabi and 4 days in Bangkok. After reading about Krabi on Trip Advisor, we zeroed on to Koh Lanta. We are looking forward to scuba diving in Koh Lanta including a dip in night diving at the emerald cave plus lots of good massages. We are planning to stay at "Relax Bay".

At Bangkok, we we would love to see the local culture, sample local cuisine, shopping etc. Please let us know good places to stay in Bangkok

We seek your advice/thoughts/recommendations to make our our Thailand Calling a true dream vacation!

Cheers

Aishwarya Vinay Kumar

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

In Bangkok I would suggest Riverside or Sukhumvit would probably suit you best, t is more important to book a hotel close to transport links BTS or MRT stations than the area you are in.

For suggestions on hotels you would need to give a clue as to your budget.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
211 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

Not sure if you can dive the emerald cave. We swam through as part of a 4 island longboat snorkling trip. If on Koh Lanta there are signs every where for such trips. We stayed at Kan Tiang bay and it was beautiful. We can highly recommend Scubafish in Kan Tiang bay if you want to go diving, shoot them an email they answered us real quick. Most of the dive sites are off the smaller islands further out from Koh Lanta. Have a great stay, we did.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

Thanks Christopher for the real quick response! Our budget per night for stay would be USD 70-90. Also pls do recommend if floating market is worth visiting and any other interesting places for local crafts etc

Mumbai
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

Yes i heard about scuba fish. I have already sent them query and awaiting response.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

Aish-on-d-move

You might consider Majestic Grande Hotel, Galleria 10 Sukhumvit Bangkok Hotel

Phachara Suites Sukhumvit

All of the above are in locations good for restaurants bars street food with a night market close by and easy access to transport links

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

All About Bangkok

I visited recenly and I stayed at Berkeley Pratunam hotel. This is my review.

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d4340…

You can also check out Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel, near to Berkeley

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293916-d3793253…

This is a new hotel with good opening offers and more importantly better rooms and service.

For cultural attraction do not miss Grand Palace, my reviews here.

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d3176…

You can also read my Aug 2012 JBR and should help you.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k5699…

BTW I find the Pratunam as the best area for shopping.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
211 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

We also recommend the grand palace. We spent quite a few hours there. It was very hot and being in long pants did not make it any better. however there are plenty of places to head inside out of the sun as you go around. The market near the ferry stop was interesting if passing through. we did not manage to get to a floating market, we ran out of time in Bangkok. We did do a bus trip up to the summer palace and Ayatthaya and returned by boat, it was a good day out and very informative.

Newton Stewart...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

Hi there we were in Bangkok for 3 nights in January 2012 and can recommend the Lamphu Tree House hotel. Short walk to the river ferry and the hotel was lovely with fabulous breakfast choice and great service. They also have a pool which is nice to have a dip in in the middle of the city. it was great value for not a lot of money. We also stayed on Kho Lanta and did diving from there. We stayed at Pappilon bungalows which were lovely and in a very quiet area away from the main town.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krabi & Bangkok calling

Thank you Chris! Will check out these places

Mumbai
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply