We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Island/Beach

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Best Island/Beach

I am going to Thailand in April and I am looking for a 5 star hotel on a quiet beach considered slightly off the beaten track, does Koh Lanta still fit into this? I was last there 10 years ago and am coming back for a relaxing and romantic week with my husband. Is there another place I should consider? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,086 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Island/Beach

Hi,

Maybe Pimalai still fits the bill, but I think that while Lanta is still a lovely island, after a ten year absence you will notice the development and the subsiquent change in atmosphere.

There are several very nice resorts on Ko Yao Yai, Ko Ngai and also on Ko Kradan if you want the desert island experience.

Cheers

Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Island/Beach

I had a feeling that might be the case about Lanta. I guess we just have to ask ourselves how we feel about something REALLY quiet against something with a bit more going on but the opportunity to keep it quiet by staying at Pimalai. I think those other suggestions, while they look and sound amazing, might be a little too much for 7/8 nights. We have talked about hoping but as we're both so busy I think ideally we would like to stay put. I assume Lanta isn't as busy as Koh Samui, Phuket, Krabi? Thanks for your help!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,086 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Island/Beach

Hi,

Lanta hasn't reached those levels and to be fair by April it won't be as busy as Dec-Feb, just saying that it's changed a bit so be prepared.

Cheers

4. Re: Best Island/Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, January 13, 2014
5. Re: Best Island/Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 19, 2014