We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Hi all,

I will be 3 months pregnant when I have to do the crossing to Lanta from Krabi at the end of the month. I don't know Thailand at all but did a fair bit of research and I think that the passenger ferry is the best option for me if I want to avoid a bumpy ride with the minivan/speedboat. Right? It also seems much cheaper and we don't mind spending a night in Krabi.

The only thing is I'd like to know where EXACTLY on a map the pier for the passanger ferry is so I can book my hotel accordingly and wake up as late as possible the next day? I think it's called Klong Chi Lard Pier but have absolutely no idea where that is. Can help me locate it on my google map compared to Krabi town?

Also, once the ferry drop us in Lanta, what do you think is the best way to our hotel on Long Beach? Do I need to arrange with the hotel or will I find a taxi easily at the pier?

Many thanks for your help in advance,

Victoria

60 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

We arranged a passenger ferry to Lanta (departing 10:30, I think nopparat thara pier) through our hotel, which also offers a pick up from our hotel. Glad I didn't book anything in advance! Phuketferry.com (our ferry) and amazinglanta.com (Krabi pier) have the different ferries' info.

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Hi,

We are travelling to Koh Lanta from Krabi this week and have hired a car at the airport. Would love to know where the car ferries run from so I can look it up and get some directions. Very much appreciated.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Hi.,

It's very straight forward. On the map follow the highway that runs past the airport (highway 4) south until you see a right turn onto road 4206 that runs down through the middle of the peninsula that the Lanta islands are immediately beneath. The 4206 goes straight to the ferry jetty.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Can please help to advise what is the car ferry pier name coming in from Trang ? Is there any good map to refer to ? Thanks !

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Thank you for your reply.

Finland
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Hey all! I got help from your answers, but they all are quite old answers... So I would like to know are those passenger ferry schedules still the same? We are planing to fly next month from Bangkok to Krabi 8.24-9.45 and then planing to took a taxi to krabi town pier. I understood that that's the one place where those ferrys will leave at 11 o'clock? If someone have used it this year, could you tell me is this the correct time?:)

Thank you so much!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,772 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

The daily ferry leaves at 11:00 from Krabi Ferry Terminal at Klong Jilat. Any taxi driver will know where to take you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Hi guys

We did the ferry trip from Ao Nang (the beach town about 30 mins by taxi from Krabi airport) on 23 January 2015. We arrived at BKK from LHR on EVA air on 22 Jan and flew down to Krabi that night. We stayed at Golden Beach Resort, Ao Nang, which is actually at the other end of the beach (South end)from the ferry pier: Nopparat Thara Pier, which is beyond the main beach to the North. . However it's only a 15 min transfer by the free pick up bus (although we did wait 20 mins in the hotel foyer for this) and the hotel is really fab - almost on the beach and really handy for a stroll along the front - maybe worth staying 2 nights. We got an upgrade to Executive Beachfront Villa with Jacuzzi. They booked the ferry to Koh Lanta for us the night we arrived.

The ferry leaves at 10.30 and I think there's only one a day (despite timetables also showing a 15.30 service) and cost 550 Bht. It takes 2hrs.

Amazing coincidence we met a friend on the ferry who we last saw 3yrs ago!

When you arrive at Saladan the taxi touts will ask 400 Bht but the going rate is 50 Bht per person to Long Beach. We stayed at Casuarina - great. Then Koh Ngai - really fab Returned via Trang to BKK.

I think there is also a ferry from Krabi Town which is closer to the airport but no beach!

Good luck & have a fab time!

Finland
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Hi!

Our schedule changed and we will land to krabi airport 12.30. I looked from internet that there is this other passenger ferry going to koh lanta (like Luxtraveller69 said) at 15.30. Can anyone tell me is this ferry still going? I don't want to take a car or bus to koh lanta, because I would like to see the views when we go by passenger ferry. Thank you for your help!

Edited: 3:32 am, March 07, 2015
Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta

Hi, I have read all the messages . How would you locals travel to lanta from ao nang if you was on holiday. Our party consists of six people, four active pensioners in their sixties and two forty year olds ? Would the speed boat be a nice scenic way . We are travelling next jan !

Reply to: Passenger Ferry Krabi to Ko Lanta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted