We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh lanta ferry times

milton keynes
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Koh lanta ferry times

I am planning a trip to koh lanta and shall be transferring by car from Krabi airport. my return flight requires me to leave my hotel at 7.30 am will i be able to catch a car ferry back to the mainland at this time of day. How long should the journey take?

Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh lanta ferry times

I`ve heard the ferries start at 6am but experience of getting up early on holiday is quite rare for me.

It`s about 45 miles to the airport. A bit of time might be added on getting off/on and waiting for the ferry.

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
520 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh lanta ferry times

The ferry does indeed start running at 6am.

From the first ferry to the airport takes an average of 2 hours, but in the high season this can sometimes turn out to be as long as 5 hours due to long queues for the ferry. This kind of delay doesn't happen often, but you might want to consider planning to leave as early as possible to avoid any unexpected delays.

3. Re: Koh lanta ferry times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 16, 2013
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question