We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to gi next from ko phi phi. Lanta or where?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Where to gi next from ko phi phi. Lanta or where?

Hi just into 2nd week of year travelling. I'm a 22 year old girl travelling solo. Just been to ko phangnan for full moon of course, I'm now in ko phi phi having a whale of a time. Gotta move on on 8th nov and heard ko lanta is good. Want to get in some diving and meet people so prefer dorms rather than bungalows only just so I can meet people. Need to be working my way up to Chang mai. So I can get into Cambodia or Vietnam before 30 day visa up. Any help, advice appreciated... Many thanks. Can work out my own travel arrangements. Just want guidance from some aged 20 something dudes please...

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to gi next from ko phi phi. Lanta or where?

Lanta's is pretty quiet compared to the other places you've been, but might be a good place to hang out for a while and do your diving. You could also go south to Malaysia and get a new visa in Penang.

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to gi next from ko phi phi. Lanta or where?

I am in lanta at the moment having left phi phi 2 days ago. It is totally different to phi phi, alot bigger and a lot quieter. Its more relaxing and chilled out compared to the hussle and bustle at phi phi. If your on your own you may find it hard to find other solo travellers due to it being so quiet out here at the moment but I may be wrong....

3. Re: Where to gi next from ko phi phi. Lanta or where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 29, 2013