We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

Hi,

I am thinking about booking Pimalai for my honeymoon for 5 nights in January. I am looking to do this online deal and only have about 8 more hours to book it. I am booking it on a complete whim.

I would be booking the pool villa suite. Is this better than being on the beach? Is there stuff around for us to to? We want to relax, but want to be a bit social as well so I just want to make sure Koh Lanta is the right choice. Are their restaurants for us to walk to? All help is greatly apprecaited!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

My wife & I have been to Lanta 3 tmes and are going back forn the first 2 weeks in Nov. We have always found it quiet, but thats just what we wanted.What you might do, and I realize it's your honeymoon [Congrats] is just book a couple of nights and when you get down there, grab a tuk-tuk or a cab, get an hourly rate, and hit a bunch of places. Tell them how long you want to stay and ask them for their best price for their best accomidations. I gaurantee when they see you don't have your luggage with you you will get the best price. Think of it as an adventure not a chore, you'll have fun and a good story to tell.

Bath
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

We have not visited Pimalai but have a reservation for November and am very much looking forward to it. We did quite a bit of research looking at different options in the Krabi area and elsewhere before booking so happy to share our thought process about why we settled on Pimalai. Like you we wanted somewhere romantic ( the trip is to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary) but not isolated. In particular we did not want to be confined to eating in hotel restaurants. We wanted to be on a beautiful beach but one hat wasn't going to be swamped by other tourists. For us Pimalai seems to fit the bill. It is at the end of a each which I understand is public but uncrowned and has a couple of locally run beach restaurants within walking distance. Also I understand it is not so far to the nearest village if you want to break out and do your own thing.

Hope you have an amazing honeymoon wherever you choose.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

Hi bathtimebabe!

Thank you do much for the information!! I typically do a ton of research before booking but I found an auction on luxury link.com for a pool villa and needed to book it quickly so I took a risk. I am so happy that you did the research and there are other restaurants close by as I didn't want to be confined to the hotel either. Do you know if we can easily get to the northern part if the island?

Have a wonderful trip and if you have any tips or feedback when you return let me know!!!

Thanks!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

Surely you will like the view from this resort :)

Lanta is really perfect place for relaxing and exploring around island, also have many activities to do for fun like fishing, snorkeling,diving or take boat to visit nearby island Koh Mook,Koh Kradan,Koh Rok,etc.

So enjoy your trip.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

Thank you! Any recommendations on restaurants or companies to use for tours? Also, how easy is it to get to the north of the island where there is a bit more activity? Thank you!!!!

6. Re: Help! Ko Lanta - Pimalai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 20, 2013