We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Hi, I arrive at krabi airport around 4.15 on the 22nd of October and will be traveling alone, what are my options for getting to Koh Lanta the same day. I have emailed Lanta Miami and asked them as this is where im staying but they haven't got back to me. I have a flight from heathrow to Mumbai, a 2 hour wait then a flight to Bangkok then a 6 hour wait for my flight from don muang to krabi, I really want to get all my traveling out the way in one long go so im not looking to stay the night in krabi and continue in in the morning, Id like to wake up in koh lanta!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Hi,

I think your best and probably only option at that time is to take a taxi from the airport. Simply go to the transport desk in arrivals and they will book you one.

Cheers

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Thanks for the speedy reply :-) do you have a rough idea of the cost of a taxi? hopefully I will bump into someone else planning on doing the same trip and we can share the fare

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Hi,

Depends how far down the island you are but 2500thb is about average.

Cheers

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

The taxi fee from Krabi Airport to Saladan Pier in Ko Lanta is 2300 baht.

Hoylake, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Matty,

When you are waiting to pick your bag from the carousel at Krabi airport,is the best time to find someone to share your fare with,it sounds a bit cheeky but just ask everyone,at the end of the day sharing the fare helps all,good luck ps Miami is fantastic.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

thanks alan, I see no shame in asking people if they want to share the fair, especialy when its 2300!

Perth
Level Contributor
539 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Hi to all,

We are planning to travel to Koh Lanta via Krabi airport in August next year, arriving Krabi at 1340. Understand there are several options and the least expensive appears to ask your resort to book the public mini van from the airport (300 baht each).

The resort we are thinking about indicates a private transfer at around 2700 baht.

Does any one know if the resorts are happy to book the public mini van, even though they offer a transfer?

Thank you in advance.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Hi,

Some will do it, some won't, you have to ask to see if they will. I think the price now is 400thb pp. If you can't get your resort to book it, then you can take the airport bus into Krabi Town for 50thb and then wait for the next minivan to Lanta.

Cheers

Perth
Level Contributor
539 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Thanks paulo,

Plenty of time to make a decision.

Really looking forward to our first time in Lanta.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta options.....

Just for some comparison,local tour agent quoted me 1800b for airport transfer while my resort says they can book minivan at 400b per head.