We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay recommended at Houben or Crown Lanta?

India
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stay recommended at Houben or Crown Lanta?

My husband & I are looking for a 3 nights stay in Ko Lanta. I have zeroed in on these two resorts. Any suggestions on the better one? We are looking at some quiet times with access to a nice beach, some visits to a few restaurants closeby, and a trip or two to nearby islands.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay recommended at Houben or Crown Lanta?

Crown Lanta is in the middle of Klong Dao, the most popular beach on the island, but not the most beautiful one. The Houben is up on a cliff with a great view, near prettier beaches, with fewer restaurants around. Houben is quiter, smaller, and might be the better hotel of these two. If you go in Dec-Jan I'd definitely go for the Houben. During lower season also Klong Dao will be quiet

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay recommended at Houben or Crown Lanta?

Just a correction - Crown bay is actually on the headland at the far north of Klong Dao beach. Like the houben neither are on the beach and both offer great views. Certain villa rooms at Crown look directly out to the Phi Phi Islands. Crown have a shuttle that goes a few times a day into Saladan where there is a good variety of restaurants. Their private beach is a bit rocky - but depending on the time of year is good for snorkelling from, and a short walk gets you to the north of Klong Dao - which is very nice and private - not a busy part of the beach. To walk to beach restaurants and bars is a bit of a way, but a nice walk.

Kantiang Bay has a more village feeling and the beach there is lovely, enough places to find to eat and drink also. It really depends on the time of year you are going to be around. Low season sees more activity in the north of the island.

3. Re: Stay recommended at Houben or Crown Lanta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 21, 2013