We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

Manchester...
Level Contributor
20 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

Hi Travellers,

I am travelling to stay at the Layana Resort after spending a few days in Ao Nang in June 2012. I would like to know if anyone can recommend the best way of travelling independently from Krabi (ideally Ao Nang) but can travel from Krabi town to Ko Lanta Yai (Layana). I am spending a bit of money staying at the Layana resort and have asked them about costing from Ao Nang, which they quote at 1, 600 bht pp (there are two of us). They are willing to pick me up from Saladan Pier complimentary but say that from May - Oct no ferries run, so the easiest way to get there is by car. I am obviously trying to save a bit of money. If I can either get a mini-van from Krabi to Ko Lanta then they can pick me up, or if there are mini-vans which drop you at your resort then even better. If anyone is able to tell me the best way of getting across please let me know!

Thank you!

R :-)

Edited: 11:45 am, April 09, 2012
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

Hi,

Well, the mini-vans to Lanta cost 350thb per person and leave every hour from 7am until 5pm from Krabi town, you have to get from Ao Nang to Krabi and the frequent songthaews that go between the two places cost 50thb per person, so I guess that will be cheaper, the mini-van will drop you at your resort too. A taxi should run at about 2500thb to the Layana from Ao Nang.

Cheers

Manchester...
Level Contributor
20 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

Thank you. :-)

I am guessing it's pretty easy to get on a mini-van from Krabi town? Is there one main recommended operator or many different ones?

R

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

Since you're staying at the Layana, you're not a budget traveller. Get a taxi from Aonang to the Layana, it will be approx. THB 2'500 and the travel time approx. 2 hours. If you take the ferry, which is not running off season, it takes you about 4 hours door to door.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,307 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

Take any white songthaew from the seafront in Ao Nang or on the road heading out of town. Pay the driver 50 baht per person at destination. Don't try to bargain.

The van station is in a travel agency near the Vogue Department Store in Krabi Town, not far from where the songthaews stop.

You could go to any travel agency in Ao Nang to pre-book a ticket, but they'll just try to sell you an expensive private transfer.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
20 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

Thanks Guys, that's really helpful. I'll probably opt for the mini-van option.

P.s. I'm not a budget traveller, but I'm not a mug either. Thanks anyway.

R :-)

6. Re: Travel Ao Nang (or Krabi town) to Ko Lanta (Layana) in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 19, 2013