We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on side trips from Phuket

San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
Suggestions on side trips from Phuket

My girlfriend & I are in Phuket from 3/16-3/23, and we're wanting to take a few side trips to different places from there. Is Koh Lanta worth checking out? Should we stay there a few days? How far is Railay Beach from Koh Lanta? I heard that was beautiful as well. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Lanta
Lanta
47 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,678 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on side trips from Phuket

If you want to go to Koh Lanta from Phuket then a few days is definitely in order as it is a fair distance away and stopping at Railay Beach on the way to or from Koh Lanta from Phuket would break the journey up nicely. Railey is beautiful as it has a lovely beach and gorgeous limestone outcrops which many people go rock climbing on. The west side has the nice beach and the east side is mud flats but is a nice place to have an evening drink.

Mentioned in this post
Lanta
Lanta
47 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,678 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on side trips from Phuket

Phangnga Bay just north of Phuket is a must-see.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
3. Re: Suggestions on side trips from Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, June 18, 2013