We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me.

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help me.

Hi,

It's me again. Can i ask if it's advisable to look for accommodation only, once I set my foot on Koh Lanta? I have yet to decide how long will I be staying in Lanta then Phi Phi or I will just stay in Lanta.

I have 7days to spare and my itinieary would either :

Few days in Lanta --> few days in Phi Phi --> one day in Ao Nang before I leave for my flight the next day.

or it would be

to stay in Lanta throughout then one night in Ao Nang before I leave for my flight next day.

Lonely Traveller

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help me.

Hi,

You won't have a problem finding somewhere to stay on Lanta when you turn up, in fact if you are arriving by ferry there are accomodation touts on the boat who will offer good deals on places. Either of your itineraries work, you can take a ferry to Phi Phi and then one back to Ao Nang or Krabi town, so no doubling back or stay on Lanta and take the boat to Krabi, I'd just wait and see how you feel when you get there before you make plans.

Cheers

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help me.

It is probably worth looking at accommodation now and getting an idea of what the charges are, what its like and where on the island. Touts obviously want to sell you something and if you aren't sure of the accommodation it could be a great surprise or a nasty surprise. So worth doing a little research before you go to get an idea of costs and location.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help me.

hi paul,

you said, you'd just wait and see how i feel when i get there before i make plans.

what do you mean?

cheers.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help me.

hi bionic,

thanks. i've searched the places to stay and prices but i just am not sure. most of my trips to thailand is a unexpected trip and i don't book accommodations before i fly off.

cheers!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help me.

Hi,

I mean see if you like the island before you commit to staying or moving on somewhere else... because finding accomodation won't be a problem

btw, the touts on the boat usually have good deals and there aren't many 'nasty surprises' in fact they are pretty helpful on the whole

Cheers

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help me.

when I say nasty surprises, I don't necessarily mean from the touts. But like anywhere in the world, what you might see on a website might not quite look like what you actually get. But I suppose you can at least look at the property first. Also with 'nasty surprises' it could be location, sea views ... which aren't sea views, beach location which is a 5 min drive that sort of thing. If you have an idea of the places you might want to stay in it might help a little.

7. Re: help me.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, April 26, 2013